University education in Nigeria is aimed at producing high level manpower to man the various sectors of the Nigerian economy. To achieve this goal, the universities need to carry out quality students’ intake, quality teaching/learning processes, quality research and provide quality infrastructural facilities, services and resources which makes up indicators for position in universities ranking systems.
The global universities ranking system makes use of indicators such as highlighted above and other informative and performative approaches to evaluate universities across the world.
Based on the world university ranking by webometrics and CWUR, Nigerian Universities are ranked among the top 2000 in the world which is considered a poor rating.
The Chartered Institute of Educational Practitioners UK (CIEPUK) is a multi-disciplinary education organization mandated to promote educational development in Nigeria and the rest of Africa by providing training and support to educational practitioners in the region. It is our vision to keep the knowledge and skills of education professionals at par to the global standards.
Originally established in the United Kingdom in January 2018, CIEPUK follows a 5-fold philosophy to stay true to its mandate:
• INFORM educational practitioners about the growing need for capacity building among the students to keep them at par of the standards of local and international university and graduate school education.
• EMPOWER & MOTIVATE educational practitioners to deepen their passion for their vocation, while enhancing their capacities as educational service providers through research and development funding and welfare programs.
• INITIATE & FACILITATE partnership between educational investors and implementors of educational and entrepreneurial development projects in Nigeria and beyond.
• PROVIDE scholarship fund for Nigerian and international students.
• OFFER educational consultancy services to national and local governments in Nigeria, to educational institutions, and to other education sector stakeholders around the globe.
As of today, CIEPUK has over 10,000 registered members from different sectors—students, bachelor’s degree holders, master’s degree holders, and PhD holders.
Ciepuk is aimed at pushing Nigerian universities higher in the global university system.
Become a member today.